Monday, June 20, 2011

Helmet Diving

It's a whole new world out there.

Helmet Diving is one of the attractions in Boracay Island the capital of beaches getaway in the Philippines. When we had our weekend holidays there, we decided to try it although I'm not afraid at first but then when the Scuba Diver demonstrate that your going to "equalize" pressure by using your ears. I had a second thought of doing it because my right ear is not palpating so that would be a problem underwater. I keep on practicing  how to do it by "trying to blow my nose" until my ears palpates. The helmet that your going to wear weighted 25 kilos but when you already immersed in the water it weighs only 2 kilos not bad I think. They assigned 1 divers in each of us that will guide us down into the seabed all we have to do is to stay put and don't make any unnecessary movements like trying to swim. We were taught basic hand signals under water and it's so much fun learning those signs.
Demonstration time.
We were the first group to dive and I was like "what if my ears will burst because of the underwater pressure" but I did not let my nervous eat me up I was affirmative all the time that nothing will happen to me. When the diver put the helmet on my head my guide hold me in my waist and guide me down and I was like "wait!could I go up again?" but I just scream it inside my head. But when he puts me down in the seabed I was like "Wow!so beautiful down here". It was really beautiful it's a whole new world down there you could feel the fishes in your hands and you can feed them. It's another amazing experience and I want to do it again when I go there again soon. The nervousness I felt was gone when the fishes come to me and I was thinking "well, I'm the one in an aquarium down here". So, when you happen to be in Boracay don't miss this experience try it!and live it!let's take care of our nature.


0 comments:

Post a Comment