Sunday, May 1, 2011

Han Guk Kwan


"When it comes to foreign food, the less authentic the better."
Gerald Nachman, ‘San Francisco Chronicle’

Have you ever tried craving for a food and then when you finally indulged with it you lost your interest? Well, it seldom happened to me because I always eat good food. But unfortunately when I craved for Korean dish I want to try other Korean restaurants than stick with the restaurant where I used to dine. And the disaster in my dinner happened. I've searched some blogs about the good Korean restaurants that is within my vicinity and I happened to find a good review about Han Guk Kwan so I decided to dine there together with my boyfriend. The place is so-so a typical Korean restaurant but with minimal decorations compared to other restaurant. And one thing I noticed when we entered, their crews are not that customer-friendly maybe because it's already late in the evening but still for the sense that their restaurant is open for 24 hours then; they should have a lot of energy stored in their body. We ordered only my all-time favorite "galbi" and a tofu soup and take note Korean restaurants have "banchan" about half dozen side dishes served together with your meal. But we got only 4 side dishes that's too bad and take note without kimchi that's a total disaster. Moreover, "galbi" is supposed to be meat that was grilled while you were eating but in there we fried our meat I almost burst in frustration and their service is so low in quality. They are not attentive with the Filipino customers because they focus their attention to Korean customers. My point is that they have business here in the Philippines so they should expect that their big market belongs to the Filipinos.  I really regret not dining with my favorite Korean restaurant. And one thing I learned is that when you give reviews of a certain establishment don't put any "flowery" words that will mislead the readers.  

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment