Sunday, March 13, 2011

World Vision Fun Run 2011

HELP as what the dictionary define is a verb which means: to give assistance,aid, and to give relief to... we always think of helping anyone regardless of age,gender,religion and ethnicity but sometimes we can't find a perfect time to help though they are always in our prayers. When I first heard about the news that the World Vision will organize a fun run with a theme "the backpack" I was awed by the idea because for me its like "HELP + HEALTH = HAPPINESS" the proceeds of the backpack family fun run will provide backpacks and school supplies for 500 underprivileged students at Subangdaku Elementary School and Guba Elementary School, and will support the education of 15 children through World Vision's Child Sponsorship Program. Such a great timing!and aside from that the World Vision ambassadors Derek Ramsay and the beauty queen Miriam Quiambao will also run together with Donna Cruz and her husband Larrazabal to keep Cebuano children in school. Moreover, "World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Motivated by our Christian faith, World Vision is dedicated to working with the world’s most vulnerable people. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender and its an International organization that really help a lot of children around the globe." The date of the said event is on March 13,2011 Sunday with an assembly time of 4:30am @ The Terraces Ayala Center Cebu.
 The said event was started by the warm-up exercise in the tune of "Waka-waka" my boyfriend and I together with our friends Jen and her boyfriend Eman had a great time dancing, you see all of us works in a corporate world and we don't dance there unlike our college days which we usually had a chance of dancing. It was really cool!
 We registered on a 5Km. run so while waiting for our turn to run we watched first the 15Km. runners started their run. After them, its our turn to run and it was also the time when Derek Ramsay, Miriam Quiambao and other celebrities arrived. So, we just had a glimpse of my fave actor and athlete which is Mr. Derek and sad to know that he was injured but despite of that he still manage to be at the run he is such a professional and true-blood World Vision ambassador. When we heard the BANG! of the gun we started to walk kidding its just that you can't immediately run because it was crowded when we were a meters away from the starting line I started to jog and eventually the race was on. My boyfriend and Eman left us behind but when we passed the first drinking station Jen started to slow down so she told me that I should keep running which I did because if I only walked for the entire race my momentum will slow down which I don't like. And I run in a blast!not knowing that I was able to cope-up with my boyfriend's pace and leaving him behind. When I got my red ribbon in the turning point of 5Km. I drink a little water in the drinking station and started running again. When I saw the signboard saying 1Km. away to the finish line I started to slow down and eventually walked just like the other runners but when  I saw the red flag I started to run again because I'm just a few meters away from the FINISH line and I clock-in @ 50 minutes.
After our race I eventually felt hungry so, we immediately headed to the program area and find a food to eat. We had a bread,a vegetables barbecue and a hot beef soup from Golden Prince Hotel and it was perfect! We stayed there for the awarding ceremony and the program. We don't felt tired because we love what we just did for the children and we enjoyed the race!
with Ms. Donna Cruz
with Mr. Derek Ramsay
with Mr.Derek Ramsay and my boyfriend
Mr. Derek Ramsay's autograph
Miriam Quiambao and Derek Ramsay
I really did not expect it when I got the chance to be up-close with my fave actor Mr. Derek and with the actress Ms.Donna Cruz it's like a perfect day!maybe someday I also have a chance to be up-close with his girlfriend Ms. Angelica Panganiban which is my fave actress too in short, I'm a DERELICA fan wow!that was really a great deal if it's happen.
After the event we wait for the Ayala Center to open so that we can have our lunch and find a place to rest for a moment. The event was a success! that leave me wanting to be a World Vision supporter it give me time to think that I have a lot of things to be thankful to God. And of course, the WINNER of this race was......ME?nope it's the CHILDREN the every countries future!


0 comments:

Post a Comment