Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Prayers that I Almost Forgot


Last night I was busy looking for a certain document in my room when I happened to find my "realization notebook" it composed of the preaches of the priests in every mass I attended, as well as my favorite quotations and phrases of different books and also the prayers which I wrote when I was assigned to pray in a certain event. When I read those prayers wow! I had a teary eyes because I couldn't believed that I was able to write such a beautiful prayers. Thus, I'm sharing you some of the prayers I had written. I remembered our lives when we were a practicing teachers in an educational institution and we had this what we called    "big day" because it's our final demonstrations that would determined if the supervisors, mentors and superintendents would let us pass. Before each one of us will present we gathered together and pray and this is what I prayed that time.

         Dear Jesus,
                Thank you for the gift of life, for the blessing to be among those who know you are the son of God.
Thank you for the gift of sight that let us see the wondrous things YOU made and for our soul to help us see beyond our sight.
Thank you for all the things especially my heart in which YOU place a magnetic seeds of
grace that draw us forever to YOUR love.
We know YOU'll hold us forever in the palm of your hand and shield us with YOUR Holy face.
Yet, as years go by Lord, we fear the yoke of sickness and pain and worry how our life will end.
And so, we humbly come to ask YOU,Lord; that when our time comes to leave here below,
do not call us by sudden death, not by accident that tears the body apart, not by illness
that leaves the mind confused or the senses, impaired, not at the mercy of evil forces, 
not with a heart filled with hate or a body racked with pain, not abandoned, lonely, without 
love or care, not on my own hand in a moment of despair.
Jesus, let death come to us as a gentle friend to sit and linger with me until YOU call my name.
Then, let me enter YOUR Heavenly Home to receive YOUR final gift of grace to be near 
YOU forever and look upon the divine countenance of YOUR Holy Face.
Amen.

 
My co-practitioners teachers.

My students, the 3rd year high school First Section.

My boyfriend students.

My co-major classmates.

We were both happy to know that we all passed in that demonstrations despite of some sleepless nights just to finish our lesson plans. After that it's time to say goodbye to that institution and to our students who taught us to be a tough teacher. And this the prayer I delivered in their school ground before the flag raising.

Gracious Heavenly Father our utmost adoration and praising to YOUR ever divine name. YOU, 
The King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, Jehovah Jirah, Allah, our provider, miraculous healer,
our guide and bestfriend. As we gather today in this school ground with one heart and one voice 
we humbly laid down to YOU our acceptance of our shortcomings, limitations, failures and 
temptations.
We thank YOU for the very sunshine that gives light to our mornings, the chirppings of 
the birds that makes a soft sound. The flowers that brings color, the mentors who give us 
knowledge, and this children who makes our days cheerful. We thank YOU for all the experience 
that we've been in through; the responsive students and very good supervisors. We would also
like to thank YOU for the peaceful place that we live on inspite of the political turmoil as 
well as national that the country, government and the people is facing.
We hope and pray that all of this will be resolve and truth will emerge in the middle of 
this crisis. We ask for the guidance and protection. May we, YOUR people be united in achieving 
an abode full of happiness and cheerfulness. 
As for our political leaders may YOU guide their minds for them to think not just their 
own personal interest but a unanimous thinking for the developments and 
unification of the people in this place. May YOU also bless this students
and make them realize that they are not just here to sit and listen but let them
realize that they are here in the school to make a change and difference.
For the teachers, give them the brilliance to impart what they learn and share the knowledge
that YOU have given. And for the parents of this children may they continue to support their
students in facing their everyday endeavor and fight for development.
And for us practicing teachers, may YOU continue in molding us to become a better potter of 
the children in the society. And as we leave this school ground today may YOU help us
leaving a legacy to this institution. We send this prayer along with the winds that it will
be carried to the gate's of YOUR heaven and be heard by YOUR welcoming ear.
Amen.

It's nice to know that in every success we achieved in our individual endeavors we always find a good prayer for that. And most importantly, we may never forget the prayers that we used to pray, may that prayer be the start of everything you aim to do. These are some of the prayers that I almost forgot and reading it again make me think once again that we are capable of doing things we least expect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment